Good preparation starts in the days leading up to the application!
- For best results book your tan 48 hours before your event
- Shave or wax 24-48 hours prior to tanning (ideally 48). This gives the body adequate time to close the skin follicle off
- Exfoliate with a mitt 24 hours prior to tanning to remove dead skin cells and other product residue. Focus on elbows, knees and ankles
- Arrive for your application showered with no deodorant, perfumes or moisturiser on the body
- Wear loose clothing with thongs or slides
POST TAN CARE
Just as vital as the prep! These tips will ensure the tan development is seamless and the lifespan is long — the tan will last up around 7 days.
THE FIRST RINSE
- The time until rinse off depends on the type of tan applied and can vary between 30 minutes to 8 hours (or overnight)
- A short rinse in warm water until the water runs clear is all that is required — do not use soap or wash hair
- After rinsing you may feel like the tan has disappeared, however the tan will continue to develop up to 48 hours post application
- Pat skin dry with a towel, and do not apply deodorant, perfumes or moisturiser straight after your tan
EXTEND THE LIFE OF YOUR TAN
As the tanned layer of your skin flakes away, your tan will gradually fade. Hydration is key!
- Use a PH balanced or soap free cleanser in the shower rather than a normal soap
- Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise! The drier the skin the quicker the tan will fade, and moisturizing regularly will also ensure an even tan to fade transition